Tuesday 11 September 2012

Andy Murray wins the US Open!!!

I have never been so nervous checking my phone to find out that a tennis result, but it was all smiles to realise that Andy Murray had finally earnt his first Grand Slam title at the fifth attempt in another epic 2012 Grand Slam final that took nearly five hours.  Murray beat Novak Djokovic, 7-6 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2 to round off an incredible 2012, which has seen each of the big four claim one slam.  

Andy looked totally relieved and a bit shocked too that he had finally managed to do it and he looked absolutely knackered in the picture of him holding the trophy; I think he was tired to really show any  outward emotion!  I still remember that Grand Slam final in Australia where he was thumped by Djokovic and so many people were doubting him, saying he would never win one.  You have to hand it to Murray on the hard work he has put in and how he has dealt with the immense pressure of the British media.  I am sure the next Grand Slam will be even sweeter and I am certain there will be many more along the way ;-)

WELL DONE ANDY!!!
And I am pleased to have had a correct prediction :-) I called Murray to win from the start and I also thought it would be five sets! I really felt this was his time and I am so happy that Murray has finally done it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment