Sunday 20 May 2012

Roland Garros... one week to go!

Radwanska will play Brussels this week
Roland Garros is just one week away and we now move into the final week of tournaments in Brussels, Strasbourg and Nice.  You can my view predictions for each event by clicking on the links below:

WTA Brussels - Agnieszka Radwanska and Marion Bartoli headline the draw but I think the main aim for both will be to get a couple of matches on the red clay and not win the actual tournament.  Therefore I am going for a number of surprises with Kaia Kanepi beating Simona Halep in the final.

WTA Strasbourg - I have gone for the clay court veteran, Anabel Medina Garrigues to triumph in Strasbourg.  I do not think the top two seeds, Sabine Lisicki and Francesca Schiavone will progress past the semi-finals.

ATP Nice - I think the top four seeds will all reach at least the quarter-finals with Nicolas Almagro the most likely to take the title.

I am going to take a few days off from blogging and will be back towards the end of next week to begin the previews for both the WTA and ATP draws for Roland Garros. This is the busiest stage of the season as straight after the second major, we head straight to the grass courts.  I am excited as I will be attending Birmingham, Eastbourne and Wimbledon this year... so please stay tuned for all my predictions, trip reports and lots of photos :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment