Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wozniacki shocks Serena in Miami

Carolne Wozniacki recorded arguably the biggest win of her career with a 6-4 6-4 triumph over Serena Williams in the quarter-finals of the Sony Ericsson Open.  I must say I DID not see this coming at all and very much like yesterday when Andy Roddick defeated Roger Federer in the third round of the ATP tournament, I found myself gasping at the scores when I woke up this morning!

All credit to Wozniacki who seized her opportunity against a below-par Serena with some excellent serving and terrific composure on the big points.  She will play Maria Sharapova in the semi-finals after she defeated Li Na, 6-3 6-0. It was a horrendous match, which made Li's 4th round encounter against Sabine Lisicki look entertaining...

You can view my predictions for the WTA and ATP draws this week in Miami... it has not been a great week for me in either but both my champions are still clinging on...

Caroline Wozniacki

No comments:

Post a Comment